(Visit Prof. Trentin's official site at http://www.dii.unisi.it/~trentin/HomePage.html)
E. TRENTIN, PROFESSORE AGGREGATO - SHORT CV
I received my Laurea "Cum Laude" in Computer Science from the University of Milano (Italy) in 1990. In 2001 I received my PhD in Automation and Information Engineering from the University of Firenze (Italy).
From 1990 to the end of 1993 I worked as a Project Leader (eventually, Head of the Vertical Projects Division) at SGS-Elsag SpA. From 1994 to 2000 I was a research scientist at ITC-irst (nowadays known as FBK) in Trento, Italy, in the area of Interactive Sensory Systems. Since December 2000 I have been carrying out my research and teaching activities at the DIISM, University of Siena, Italy, where I am a tenured Professore Aggregato in Artificial Intelligence. I also have been a Visiting fellow several times at various Universities over three Continents. Further details at http://www.dii.unisi.it/~trentin/HomePage.html
I taught more than 50 courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels, in Italy and abroad. A complete and updated list of my courses is found at http://www.dii.unisi.it/~trentin/Teaching.html
My research interests include artificial neural networks, statistical pattern recognition, and machine learning. I have been involved in national and international projects of scientific and technological relevance in the fields of speech processing, robotics, forensics, and bioinformatics. I am the author of more than 80 peer-reviewed scientific publications (complete list at http://www.dii.unisi.it/~trentin/Publications.html).
Boards of Master/Doctoral Schools
I am an Associate Faculty member of the PhD Program in Smart Computing and I am Faculty at the Doctorate School of Genetics, Oncology and Clinical Medicine. Previously I was a Board member of the following Schools:
• PhD programme in Computer Science (joint: Pisa, Firenze, and Siena), see http://www.unisinforma.net/w2d3/v3/view/unisinforma/news/notizine--22246/index.html
• Master in Bioinformatics "A. Del Lungo" (Univ. Siena)
• Master GINTS (Univ. Siena), see http://www.unisinforma.net/w2d3/v3/view/unisinforma/news/notizie--246/index.html
• PhD Program in Cognitive Sciences (Univ. Siena), see http://www3.unisi.it/ricerca/dip/fil_sc_soc/dot-sc/atti_en.html
• Doctoral School in Mathematical Logic, Informatics and Bioinformatics (Univ. Siena), see
• Doctoral School of Oncology and Genetics (Univ. Siena), see http://www.mat.unisi.it/newsito/dottorato.phphttp://www.unisi.it/ricerca/dottorationweb/genetica_medica/index.htm