• January 2009 – International Ph.D degree in Structural Biology at CERM – Magnetic Resonance Center of the University of Florence, in collaboration with the University of Frankfurt and the University of Utrecht. Tutor: Professor Ivano Bertini. Ph.D thesis title: “Drug Design Approaches for the Identification of New Protein-Interacting Compounds”
• December 2004 – Five year degree (laurea magistrale) in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology (CTF) at the University of Florence, Faculty of Pharmacy. Score 110/110 cum laude. Tutor: Professor Cristina Nativi. Thesis title: “Sintesi e reattività di ?,?'-dioxotioni supportati su fase solida”.
• November 2017 – present: RESEARCHER at the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Center for Life Nano Sciences of Roma (IIT - CLNS@Sapienza). Research title: "identification, optimization and development of small molecules as candidate therapeutics against cancers that depend from signaling pathways involved in proliferation and differentiation of cancer stem cells”.
• November 2012 – October 2017: Postdoc at the Istituto Itlaiano di Tecnologia, Center for Life Nano Science@Sapienza.
• September 2013 – August 2016: Research contract with University of Siena, Department of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Pharmacy
• October 2009 – October 2012: Postdoc at the University of Roma “La Sapienza”, Department of drugs chemistry and technology.
• March 2009 – September 2009: Postdoc at the University of Siena, Department Farmaco-Chimico Tecnologico.
• January 2006 – December 2008: PhD student of the International PhD in Structural Biology at CERM, magnetic resonance center of the University of Florence
• January 2005 – December 2005: Junior scientist at ProtEra Srl, a biotechnology spin-off of the University of Florence.
More than 60 papers in peer-reviewed journals
4 patents/patent applications
1 book chapter
Talk at more than 30 National/International conferences