Based on the communications: "Increasing the impact of EU development strategy: an agenda for change" and " European higher education in the work", this project seeks to support the modernisation,accessibility, and internationalization of HEIs in Palestine, through addressing five cross-cutting aspects of governance.
More specifically, this project seeks to:
- Create a enabling environment to adopt decent governance, management and accountability practices
- Establish a clear governance framework, including well-defined and clear mission and goals
- Establish an effective governance and management structures
- Stimulate autonomy and accountability,
- Strengthen links with different stakeholders (i.e. improve participation) in strategic planning and development activities (this will reduce the gap between recent graduates and the industry).
UniGov project will seek to address weaknesses in the existing governance systems across HEIs in Palestine. By establishing a comparative study with European benchmark universities, it seeks to establish a governance framework and then adopt innovative practicies to improve existing structures. The partnerships between European universities and Palestinian universities is expected to continue effectively over 36 months. EU parnters will asses and analyze the existing situation, recommand necessary changes, and transfer necessary experience to implement effective governance structure (through training, workshops and site visits). The European partners will be responsible for establishing action plans to address the challenges in the existing governance structures in Palestinian Universities.
The UniGov project also aims at improving the quality of higher education in Palestinian universities as it will improve the communication between the university and the labor market/other stakeholders (increase participation). In addition, it will form a strong bases for the university excellence toward internationalization through establishing partnerships with European institutions.
|ANNU, An-Najah National University , Palestine|
|From 15/10/2016 to 14/10/2019|