- The University of Siena has for long adopted an online student management system, i.e. most administrative procedure are online and your courses, classes and examinations will be archived in a big management database.
The LEARNING AGREEMENT INCOMING DESK will enter your courses into your online record book; until then, you cannot take any examinations; however, you can attend classes, as in Italy they are open to the public.
When everything is ready you will receive an email with the link and the instructions to access the online Secretariat and its contents, (the online student information system - access with UNISIPASS credentials), where you can check the courses entered, the number of CREDITS / ECTS . For any problem or need, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- If you stay for one semester (first or second semester), you have one period to submit your Learning Agreement or your “During the mobility” form .
- If you stay for one year, you have two periods to submit your Learning Agreement or your “During the mobility” form – the former upon your arrival (autumn) and the latter in spring.
- According to the Italian university system, marks for passed examinations range from 18/30 to 30/30 cum laude.
- You must take your exams on official dates.
- PLEASE NOTE: For some courses, intermediate exams must also be taken; to get the final mark, you must take and pass all examinations.
- Transcript of Records is an official document issued by the University of Siena when your mobility period is over; it is a digital document listing the examinations you have taken and relevant marks and the number of credits you have gained.
- Failed examinations will not be included in your Transcript of Records.
Tips for a correct compilation of your Learning Agreement or “During the mobility” form
- You can include subjects from any departments.
- If you are staying for one semester, you can only choose those subjects that are taught during thet semester.
- To choose courses to be included in your Learning Agreement, you can check
“Segreteria Online – UNISI” https://segreteriaonline.unisi.it
- Subjects must be indicated with their official name, WHICH IS NOT TO BE TRANSLATED.
- You’d better include subject code, subject name, number of credits and semester in your Learning Agreement.
- The maximum number of credits to be included in your Learning Agreement is 32 credits per semester and 62 credits per academic year (no minimum number of credits is foreseen).
- Should the credits in your Learning Agreement be higher than those set by the mobility agreements, please ask your home University to email to [email protected] and authorize to accept a number of credits higher than those established.
- Please consider that 1 credit = 1 ECTS
- The Italian language course attended at the Università per Stranieri and its credits cannot be included in your Learning Agreement. You will receive a separate certification for it
- On your online record book, you will see the name of subject, name of professor, number of credits, classes timetable, exam dates. Please remember that exam booking is mandatory (to be done 10 to 7 days before you take an exam).
- You can download my USiena App on you cell phone.
PERIODS OF SENDING THE LEARNING AGREEMENT FOR APPROVAL AND SIGNATURE ON OLA OR BY EMAIL
- from 1st July to 31st August
PERIODS TO SEND YOUR CHANGES LAERNING AGREEMENT “DURING THE MOBILITY” FORM
- First period:(autumn) – FIRST SEMESTER - 01 October to 2 November.
- Second period (spring) – SECOND SEMESTER - From 1 March to 30 April
Learning Agreement Incoming Desk
(presso Urp/International Place – Via Banchi di Sotto, 55 - Palazzo del Rettorato)
- Monday, and Tuesday appointment (with Ufirst App) in presence from 10 to 12.
- Thursday, Wednesday, Friday only with remote appointment(with Ufirst App) on Gmeet from 10 to 12.
To book an appointment, users must download the Ufirst App on their mobile phone which will allow you to select the office where you want to go and make an appointment online (Gmeet) or in person.
The system will present the list of available times and it will be sufficient to select the one of your preference. Wait for the Incoming Desk Learning Agreement email for connection and confirmation on Gmeet.
Learning Agreement Incoming Desk (not valid for students of Medical and health programmes, Dipartimento di filologia e critica delle letterature antiche e moderne and
Dipartimento di scienze dalla formazione, scienze umane e della comunicazione interculturale di Arezzo - please see the appopriate section below)
PROCEDURES AT THE END OF YOUR MOBILITY PERIOD
- Please send the END OF MOBILITY PERIOD certificate of your home university to [email protected]
We shall compile, sign and return it (if you don’t have it, we suggest you should request it from your home University as soon as possible).
- You are also required to send in your plane/train/bus, etc. ticket to confirm your date of departure (we need an official date to be entered into our student management system TO CLOSE YOUR MOBILITY PERIOD).
- Please specify if you attended or are attending ONLINE CLASSES, as leaving date may be different from the end of mobility period, that usually matches with the end of exams (if you do not have any ticket, we shall enter the date of your last examinations as an end of your mobility period).
- At the end of your mobility period, the University of Siena will issue and send to your home University your TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS, a digital certificate contaning passed exams and gained credits.
You will also receive an e-mail notification regarding the transmission of your Transcript of Records
Your Trascript of Records will be prepared after you have taken your last examination (please note that only passed examinations will be included in your ToR); therefore, we need to have:
- your matriculation number
- a complete list of your examinations, both passed (with marks from 18/30 to 30/30) and failed.
Also, we would like to inform you that the results of exams cannot be viewed immediately; therefore, we shall send your Transcript of Records only when they are available on both your online record book and our management system.
- If you BORROWED BOOKS from any university libraries, you are kindly requested to return it/them before leaving Siena.
Should any anomalies result from a control, we may not send a Transcript of Records to your University.
Upon sending your Transcript of Records, your study programme will be closed, and no more changes may be made.
FOR STUDENTS BELONGING TO:
- MEDICAL AND HEALTH PROGRAMMES - Medicina e Chirurgia e Professioni sanitarie - Dentistry
referente Annalisa Vivi – [email protected] – pagina web ufficio studenti e didattica: https://www.unisi.it/didattica/uffici-studenti-e-didattica/sportello-ufficio-servizi-agli-studenti-area-sanitaria
- DFCLAM - Filologia e critica delle letterature antiche e moderne: [email protected]
- DSFUCI - Scienze della formazione, scienze umane e della comunicazione interculturale (sede Arezzo): [email protected]